? ??????????????Glow Spots? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.4 (10 Ratings)??58 Grabs Today. 7503 Total Grabs. ??????
Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ?????Neon Sun? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.3 (57 Ratings)??57 Grabs Today. 10436 Total Grabs. ??????Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ???????Creative Brown? ? BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Monday, May 11, 2009

That's why I run

“Let us run with endurance the race that is set before us" Hebrews 12:1



"Know ye not that they which run in a race run all, but one receiveth the prize? So run, that ye may obtain."
1 Corinthians 9:24
I run every morning at 5:30.(or at least I try to...) This is my time to let everything go. This is my time to clear my head and just run for all I'm worth. With every step, I try to let one more weight fall off my chest, one more burden fall to the asphalt and shatter. I feel my heart beat in my throat and my forehead, my knees hurt and my hips ache, i want to stop, but no. Pain is weakness leaving the body....

When i run, it's just me, God, and the road. I think about all the expectations that weigh on my life. I think of the letdowns and the disappointments on my shoulders. I think of my short comings and failures. There's not a road long enough to cover them all. When i run, those all fall away. I shed them and leave them laying where they fall, hoping that the wind or the rain will carry them away. I leave a trail of sorrows and broken dreams that now lay by the wayside. I feel a sense of relief when i take that last step. For, by the time I've finished my run...I'm free.

0 comments: